Insurance, Worker's Compensation and Bonds Personal Insurance Coverage - Home, Auto and Life Contact Us


Get Your Utah Contractor License Continuing Education


Out of State Toll Free
Local (801) 467.1900
Fax (801) 924.0796
3191 S. Valley St.
Suite 203
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
View Map
Like Us on Facebook

Three Step Licensing Process

1. Licensing Exam
The contractor licensing process begins with passing the Utah Business Law Exam (every applicant must take this exam) and in most cases the Contractor Trade Exam. You must pass both exams with a score of 70% or better.

2. Business Set-Up
In order to apply for a contractor license, you must first form a business entity and name, and have a registered agent. Again, we help you with all of this. Our experts will consult with you to help determine the right business organization for you, and even serve as your registered agent. We make it easy and turn-key.

3. Application Processing
Once you have passed the required exams the real fun begins. All applicants must complete the required application to obtain a contractor license. The contractor application consists of numerous pages of information you must fill out completely and correctly or you will be denied a license. Contractor's School, Inc. knows more about the application process than anyone in town! We have made it our business to know exactly what the state licensing division requires so your application will be processed correctly the first time. Fast and mistake free. We take the guess work out of the equation. In one day we can accomplish more than the average applicant can in two weeks. Why? We have spent the last few years building relationships with the people that help get your application processed. We know how to expedite the process so you'll receive your license as quickly as possible.

Before your application is submitted to the D.O.P.L. you must purchase the required public liability insurance. Liability insurance does not cover damages of the contractor's property. Public liability insurance protects contractors against claims or losses of third parties who are not employees. Liability insurance rates are based on what type of work you will be doing, not what license you hold. Contractor's School, Inc. has licensed insurance agents in our office to provide you with assistance in obtaining the required public liability insurance, so you don't have to run around town looking for the proper coverage.

Workers Compensation Insurance covers on the job injury to employees. Again, workers compensation rates are based on what type of work you will be doing and not what license you hold. As the owner of your company, you can choose to exempt yourself from workers compensation coverage. But, all employees must be covered at all times. Contractor's School, Inc. provides referrals for obtaining workers compensation insurance so you know just what you need and how much you will have to pay.

©2014 Contractor's School, Inc.