Servicio en Español

Contractors License CE Support

Prefer to talk to a person? We are here to help!

Contractor License Renewal FAQs:

Make sure you have a good email on file with the state. The state is moving towards all electronic communication. You can check and update your contact information, including your email here:

It takes 7 business days AFTER you complete your continuing education before the hours will be posted to the license. This is done electronically but the hours are verified by an actual person before they get added to the license. Please allow for this time before you attempt the renewal!

Once you have attended the required continuing education and waited the 7 business days for the hours to be posted to your license, you can renew here:

The state of Utah sends out all renewal information to the email on file for your license.

  • If you have not seen the renewal email yet, please do an email inbox search for an email from: (also check spam or junk folders)
  • If you cannot find the email, for renewal ID’s only, send an email to requesting the renewal ID be sent to you. Add the company name and the Utah contractor license number in the subject line of the email.
  • If you received the renewal email from the state but cannot find the renewal ID. Open the pdf that is attached to the email. All the needed information is in this pdf. Or ––scroll all the way to the bottom of the email; your renewal ID will be at the very bottom of the email.
  • If you are within the 60 days from the renewal time frame, you may request a renewal ID online here:

The renewal questions have been changed since last renewal cycle. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY AND ANSWER THEM TRUTHFULLY! Be aware that if you answer incorrectly, your contractor’s license will be audited.

If you are filing your business taxes with your social security number as your company tax ID, you are a Sole Prop.

If you do not know this, you are most likely your own qualifier. If you would like to verify this, you can do so here:

How to Get a Utah B100 Contractor’s License

Your entity (Sole Prop, DBA, LLC, S-Corp, Corporation, etc.) is the holder of the contractor’s license. If your entity is expired, your contractor’s license is expired. Keep your entity renewed and in good standing so that your contractor’s license will also stay in good standing.

  • It’s easy to confuse the business registration (entity) and the contractor’s license. Your business registration is what gives you the right to conduct business in the state of Utah. Your contractor’s license is what gives you the right to operate a contracting business in the state of Utah. Your business renewal is annual, while the contractor’s license renews every odd year before November 30th.   

Continuing Education Webinar Instructions: Having trouble with the webinar?

Try these tips to get in.

Find your email from “Jared Wolthuis”, “AGC”, or the representative who got you registered at the time of payment. (Amanda, Roxy, Austin or Jeanette). If you cannot find this email, check your spam first before giving us a call at 801-274-3551. Open the link, Enter your license info, then Click “Join Webinar In Progress”. It should then take you to a page that says “lets get started!”. It should start downloading the “GoToWebinar Opener”. Open/Run the Program. Let it load and you should hear “Welcome to the webinar!” YOURE IN!

With the webinar open on your screen, you should see an orange arrow on the right edge of of the screen. Click it to open up the control panel. Click the audio dropdown and make sure computer audio option is highlighted with a bullet point. If there’s still no sound, click soundcheck and try playing with the bars and the options. If still no sound, call us at 801-274-3551.

Make sure that you opened the “Go To Webinar Opener” in the first steps. Check the Start bar (Windows) for a Blue snowflake icon and click it to un-minimize the webinar. Still no video? Call us at 801-274-3551.


E100 General Engineering Contractor

B100 General Building Contractor

B200 Modular Unit Installation Contractor (Set up Modular housing)

R100 Residential/Small Commercial Contractor (20K sq ft/3 stories)

R101 Residential/Small Commercial Non-Structural Remodel/Repair (50K/ existing structure)

R200 Factory Built Housing Contractor. (Manufactured housing)

E200 General Electrical Contractor (Must be Master Electrician)

E201 Residential Electrical Contractor(Must be Residential Master Electrician)

E202 Solar Photovoltaic Contractor (Requires NABCEP Certificate)

P200 General Plumbing Contractor (Must be Master Plumber)

P201 Residential Plumbing Contractor (Must be a Master Plumber)

P202 Boiler Installation Contractor

P203 Irrigation Sprinkler Contractor

P204 Industrial Piping Contractor

P205 Water Conditioning Equipment Contractor

P206 Solar Thermal Systems Contractor

P207 Residential Sewer Connection/Septic Tank Contractor

S220 Carpentry Contractor

S230 Siding Contractor

S240 Glass and Glazing Contractor

S250 Insulation Contractor

S260 General Concrete Contractor

S270 General Drywall and Plastering Contractor

S280 General Roofing Contractor

S290 General Masonry Contractor

S300 General Painting Contractor

S310 Excavation and Grading Contractor

S320 Steel Erection Contractor

S330 Landscaping Contractor

S340 Sheet Metal Contractor

S350 HVAC Contractor

S354 Radon Mitigation (Must have NEHA Certification)

S360 Refrigeration Contractor

S370 Fire Suppression Systems Contractor

S380 Swimming Pool and Spa Contractor

S390 Sewer and Waste Water Pipeline Contractor

S400 Asphalt Paving Contractor

S410 Pipeline and Conduit Contractor

S420 General Fencing Contractor

S430 Metal Firebox and Fuel Burning Stove Installer

S440 Sign Installation Contractor

S450 Mechanical Insulation Contractor

S460 Wrecking and Demolition Contractor

S470 Petroleum Systems Contractor

S480 Piers and Foundations Contractor

S490 Wood Flooring Contractor

S500 Sports and Athletic Courts Installation Contractor

S510 Elevator Contractor (Must be a licensed elevator mechanic)

S600 General Stucco Contractor

S700 Specialty License Contractor

State of Utah links and forms:

For more information on licensing, please visit the Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational Licensing website.

To verify your license type, please visit the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing Verification System.

Click here for updated CE requirements documented on the DOPL website.